If an earthquake ever totally ruined your home in Federal Way, can your pocket afford the weight of a repair? Or Can you afford to replace all that you’ve lost in a robbery? Can you afford to pay the medical bills if a guest fell down your stairs and broke a leg? If the answer is no, then now is the time to invest in Pfarr Insurance Agency home insurance policy, and know you are covered by the Federal Way Home Insurance Experts!

In the case of a catastrophe or injury, home insurance, also known as homeowner insurance, covers your home and its belongings. In the event of a destructive incident occurs in your Federal Way home, such as a fire, it will help pay to fix, restore, or even replace your house, or other buildings on your land, and your belongings. It would also help to offset your responsibility for any accident or property harm to anyone that you or your family members cause (including your household pets). But there are also exclusions that you might not have known yet. These Federal Way home insurance exclusions are in place to avoid so-called insurance fraud or insurance abuse. 


federal way home insurance

Most modern homeowners’ insurance plans provide coverage, subject to policy limitations and deductibles, for a broad variety of catastrophes, including fire, lightning strikes, windstorms, hail, civil commotion, vandalism, malicious mischief, and theft.

However, flooding, earthquakes, and volcano damage are usually not covered by regular or standard home insurance policies. With that said, feel free to purchase a special insurance policy if you live in an environment where these incidents are common. Below are more common exclusions that you need to know:

1. Business Related Claims

Federal Way Home Insurance for claims related to business can be complicated. We recommend that you speak to an agent at Pfarr Insurance Agency about business insurance if you’re doing business in your home or out of your home. At Pfarr Insurance Agency, we’ve got strategies to address the needs of everybody.

2. High-priced and luxury items

Under the standard home insurance, high-priced jewelry and extravagant art collections may not be covered, but a separate policy will easily cover them.

3. Water & Floods Damage

The standard home insurance policy still wouldn’t cover the loss if your basement floods and your belongings are lost. For that, you’ll need flood insurance for protection against flooding. Water flowing into your home from backed-up sewers is not usually exempt, but to shield yourself from this, you can also buy optional coverage.

4. Aggressive Dog Breeds

Your home insurance policy may exempt them from coverage when you have certain breeds of dogs as pets. Although your insurance policy would normally cover times where your pet bites someone in your home or when on a walk, insurers frequently exempt from coverage Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Akitas, Mastiffs, German Shepherds, and Alaskan Malamutes. To add coverage for your dog, you may have to buy a rider.

5. Earthquakes & Volcanoes

Standard home insurance does not cover earthquakes and Earth movements. You can, however, buy additional earthquake insurance with an add-on. You can also buy extra coverage for volcanic hazards if you live near active volcanoes, such as in parts of Washington too.


Deal with the best Federal Way home insurance firms such as Pfarr Insurance Agency to cover your home and personal property when you own a home in Federal Way, WA. We know our way of making life simpler for you and making it easy to find the coverage you need! Contact us for a free quote today at (253) 201-1500, and see how we can help you and your family stay safe and feel secure.



Contact Us
close slider
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.